1.13.2009

My Friends the Reality Stars!

It is not often that I have to flip back and forth between 2 of the biggest reality shows on t.v. to see 2 of my very good friends star during primetime. I am talking about my friend Blaine Cotter who is on this seasons The Biggest Loser. I have know Blaine for a very long time. I think we "liked" eachother for 5 minutes my freshman and his sophmore year. That is where this photo comes in.


This is homecoming my freshman year.


I'm not sure his exact height, but he grew to be somewhere around 6'7. He is the one who later encouraged Lance to give me a call when I moved back into town after I lived in Orange County. So essentially he initiated the romance that started it all for me and Lance! He is married to the sweetest, most beautiful girl ever and we just adore them and their cute kids. Lance and I are really proud of him and the sacrifice that he and his family made so that he could be on the show. (His wife Jenny was 9 months pregnant and due during the taping)! Check out Jenny's link to their blog to read the latest. So far the show has been really inspiring. He has been such a great friend and motivator to the others on the show. He's such a great guy, supported by an amazing wife and a wonderful family! Go Blaine! We can't wait to see your results!


And then there is my friend Adam Lambert who auditioned for American Idol this season... We we will see how his audition goes tonight. I'm so excited! Adam is an amazing vocalist and actor. Not only was I priviledged to work with him in a few plays and musicals we were also great friends. In highschool his natural talent exceeded the talent of most our age. And he was an enviable favorite of both drama and choir directors. I have way too many pictures of us, but here are some of the select few. Now he has dark hair and looks a lot different and he will probably kill me for posting these. But my blog has such a small audience... Most of these were during his Junior year. He has been in the musical Wicked for that last year and a half in LA. Vote for Adam!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Marie' said...

How fun is that to see friends on TV!!
I really enjoyed seeing pictures of you too. Very cute.

Kim and Dallas said...

wow! That brought back a lot of good memories of me watching you from my little self admiring everything about you and your cool friends :) Adam will kill you for posting those pictures..... he looks so different and good. Love you sis!

SuburbiaMom said...

That's great! The only "famous" person I've ever known, personally, is Ken Jennings--that big winner in Jeopardy. He and I worked in the same computer lab at BYU.

Love the pictures!!

Cami said...

How funny! What a small world...Scott used to play football with Blaine's cousin Dane in high school! Also, Dane now lives on the street Scott and I lived on in Gilbert and is in our old ward! These happen to be two of our favorite TV shows and it makes it so much more fun to watch when you "know" someone. (You really DO know them though!)

Patti said...

Oh, Amanda - how fun to see all those photos again. My favorite is of you and Adam with the boa - you look like a movie star! It is going to be such fun to watch how Adam does on Idol. See you on Skype soon!

Love, Mom

Cristina said...

I know it was so funny to watch the two of them on Tuesday. We have had a blast laughing at..I mean with...Blaine on the Biggest Loser. He and Jennie deserve this so much. And Adam looks so different, he did such a good job. The pictures of you guys are so fun. I hope he makes it past Hollywood and I will totally be voting for him.

Melissa said...

That must be so surreal to watch your friends on TV. Cute pictures.

Kimberly said...

Those are some really cute pictures!! Isn't it fun to reminisce?! I can't wait to see how Adam does on American Idol and how your other friend does on the Biggest Loser. This was such a fun post!

Tribe M said...

So Paula just loooved Adam. The rest of the judges liked him a lot too. So he is off to Hollywood. Where he lives.:) Thanks for all your comments!

Sara Lehman, M.S. in Education said...

Hi Amanda! All of my professional musician/music teacher friends are talking about Adam on Facebook. I haven't been watching this season because I'm in class at that time, but I gotta track down some clips because people are quite impressed! To give you an example, an award winning high school choir director friend of mine put this as is Facebook Status Update:
"____ thinks Adam Lambert is a freak of nature. No man should be able to do that. As annoying as it is at times, it's pretty impressive."
I can't wait to find out who this guy is...
Love, Sara

Kim and Dallas said...

Did you like adam's song this week? I kind of liked it but it WAS a little weird. dallas just says i am too biased. :) haha

Melissa said...

That is too funny...I would never have known that was Adam...he's changed just a wee little bit :)