11.03.2008

Halloween Fun!


This was my only picture from our ward Halloween parade/party. Daddy was working so it was just me and the kids. We had a great time. There were lots of activities including: a cake walk, fishing game, cookie decorating, face painting, bean bag toss, crafts and a caramel fountain for dipping apples. My little elephant surprised me with his magic talent of a perfected disappearing act. He ran off a couple of times which almost gave me a heart attack. One time I couldn't find him for about 3 minutes (which was like an hour in my head as I was racing through horrible scenarios). He just wanted to go outside in the pitch black night, where no one else was, for no apparant reason. It was a little crowded in the church. Maybe he needed some air. No matter the conversations I have with him, he just doesn't get that wandering away from mommy is dangerous. We'll have to work on that! Gavin loved seeing his friends in costumes and loved all the treats!



Here is Gavin with his skull face paint right after I told him he had to go to bed
which explains his pouty lip.



We had a costume day for our Mommy and Me group on Thursday. Gavin and Jackson were cowboys. Jackson would not let me get a picture of him. So I just have these of Gavin.

These are his two choices of smiles for me:


Wide open mouth or



this one




The thing that I loved about Halloween this year is that it was my first real Fall season. The air is cold and crisp and the leaves just started to really change colors and they are absolutely gorgeous.




It sprinkled on and off while we were out trick-or-treating, but we were having such a great time it was fine. We went with some friends in the neighborhood who have older kids and we were running to keep up with them the whole time. I put the kids in the jogger and then took them up to each door. We had to skip a few houses to stay caught up with the older kids. Gavin was doing great running between houses to stay caught up, it was so adorable. It was funny because Jackson would get really upset if I didn't take him up to each door (which I tried for reasons of time constraints). He really liked trying to say "trick or treat" & "thank you" and watch the candy drop in his bucket. He also did not want to let go of his bucket all night. For Gavin, this is the year we had to work on taking one treat only. One of my friends was passing out full size candy bars and play-doh and Gavin just swept a few of each into his bag. My greedy little guy. Lance was working, but at 7:45 he called and asked where we were. He got off early and was able to go to the last few doors with the kids!



Here we are trick-or-treating on Halloween.
Jackson is a monkey, Gavin a cowboy and I was Jack Sparrow (kind of).


I just threw something together.








4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Traditionally, Devon's mom always dressed him, or convinced him to dress as a Hobo for Halloween. I guess he was all Hoboed out...ha ha! Looks like your ward had a really fun Halloween party. Ours was held on an empty lot where all the members trunk or treated. We skipped it and went door to door. I'm glad you're posting so much more...I love all the pictures! All the black eye makeup totally made you into Captain Jack Sparrow (but you were much prettier)!

Sara Lehman, M.S. in Education said...

Amanda! You still make me laugh. Hahahahah! The best Jack Sparrow I've seen! You are so fun! I'm sure you're the best Mommy.

Melissa said...

Nice transgenderish costume. I love how manicured your facial hair is. Awesome! The monkey and elephant and cowboy are also very cute. Our halloween party got canceled because of prop 8 but going door to door is a lot of fun too.

Krustee said...

you made a lovely Jack Sparrow! Your boys are getting so grown up! The pumpking patch looks dreamy. I just love Halloween!