It is going to be a VERY hard term for whoever is elected President due to the state of the economy, unstable foreign policies, problems with our national security and environmental issues. With that being said, I am coming to terms with being okay with whichever way the election goes. But I have to express my thoughts before I know who won.
Obama is so far left on environmental issues. Many of the policies that he has introduced should scare you senseless and make you wonder what exactly is his idea of America. (If you are not afraid of our country moving towards Socialism, then please stop reading.) Topics to research: bankrupting the coal industry (where America gets 80% of our electricity), unions monopolizing business via the card check bill (1937 can we say depression within a depression).
I am very nervous for a filibuster-proof Senate. This will be a very scary situation if democrats or any one party rules the senate. Here is a great article with Sen. Orrin Hatch and Glenn Beck that I think all can appreciate. Here is another one with Gov. Mitt Romney.
Here is my hope: If Obama is elected as President, the country will come swinging back to the right for correction after his 4 debilitating years and then Mitt Romney can finally step up. So I can deal with Obama winning. And yes, I voted!
For the record, McCain has to rethink cap and trade and a couple other things before I'm really even liking him too.

2 comments:
Don't even get me started!! I've been a total stress case, and, as I write, Devon is watching the polls on Fox News very intently! It's like Christmas morning to him. Wouldn't it be great if Romney was our next president? How about Romney/Palin 2012...hmmm?!
As long as Prop 8 passes and I don't have to homeschool my kids, I'm pretty much going to be happy. Nice thoughts on everything. Hopefully Obama will surpise us and make some good things happen. I'm sort of proud of the fact that race isn't an issue anymore. That has always bugged me about our country's history.
Post a Comment