
You may find yourself sitting in church enjoying the reverence and spirit of the meeting until suddenly you hear a disturbing Pterodactyl screech with a Russian accent. That is probably because you are in the same ward as me and my 10 month old son. He does this rolling of the tongue R noise with a high pitch screech that unfailingly turns the heads of the entire congregation. I am really big on not rewarding my kids with trips to the foyer for bad behavior so I force myself and everyone around me to coexist with the shrieking dinosaur age bird. We do quiet him of course. That is why you may see me shoving crackers in his mouth giving him hardly a breath between each one and then the sippy cup to wash it all down. My apologies to those of you that have been startled awake from your sacrament sleep. I can’t make any promises that it won’t happen again, but I’m hoping he will outgrow this prehistoric phase soon. (And you thought that you would never hear a Russian Pterodactyl in this life time!)
5 comments:
You are so funny. Nicky somehow snuck her light bouncy ball into Sacrament today and through it so hard it went all the way across the room and hit the door on the other side whilst it was lighting up. Everyone saw and probably thought we let her bring that to church. Funny. You should record the noises and post them on your blog. I'm curious about how he sounds now.
Oh, my goodness! I laughed out loud the whole time I was reading this!!! I think some of those old geezers in your ward deserve to be woken up - who knows, your bishop may actually appreciate Jackson's dinosaur screeches! Hugs
I agree with Melissa, you should definitely record the sounds he makes and post them...that would be so funny!
Sacrament meeting is so hard with kids! You are a noble and brave soul determined to teach them quickly to sit still. I'll ship my kids up to you once you have Jackson trained! I'd love to hear the screach. I bet its amazing.
You crack me up. I just read all of your posts and laughed the whole time. I love the sleep deprived and this one the most. Oh the joys of having boys. It brought back some fun memories. Like the time Jed clocked someone's grandma in the back of the head with a hotwheels car. She was about 5 rows in front of us. Or the two times Jake threw up in scarament meeting. Or Colby coughing/slash burping so loud the entire room was thinking he was about to die. We're not really sure what sound he was making. (I'm cracking up as I write this!!)Or how about the many nights I too, opened my eyes to a child just standing there in the dark, staring, waiting for me to open my eyes. I'm not sure if I was the super-sexy CIA agent or just the super-tired mommy. You are awesome.
And kids are great. Never a dull-moment. I miss those days where they do such funny things. Now they are just snotty, or naughty.
Kristy
Post a Comment