10.24.2008

Carving Pumpkins


So I was so excited to carve pumpkins today with the boys. Gavin was excited too. I cut off the top and told Gavin to put his hand in to pull out the pulp and seeds and he looked at me like I was crazy. I shoved my hand in and showed him what to do. He saw my messy hand and told me, “No way! It’s too dirty mama.” I have no idea where he got this prissiness from. I mean I did teach him how to enjoy digging in the earth this summer. He’s not afraid to pick up worms or bugs. But then after a few minutes of cleaning out the pumpkin by myself I finally resorted to wearing some latex gloves. So again I have no idea where he got this prissiness. :)


Watch the video below of Jackson to see how he reacted.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

We're carving ours tonight! That video was hilarious!! My kids never want to touch anything ooey gooey unless it's cookie dough...ha ha! Your pumpkin turned out cute too! I can't wait to see pictures from Halloween...happy trick or treating!

Melissa said...

There is something nasty about pumpkin innards. I don't blame Gavin! We haven't done out pumpkins yet. I can't wait. Halloween is such a fun holiday. Make sure to put costume pictures up.

Sara Lehman, M.S. in Education said...

We've gotta try it! What a fun idea and a great thing to share on the blog!