10.28.2008

Pumpkin Patch, Scratch

Okay, I just have to say that our pumpkin patch experience (which is usually such a joy) sucked this year. Unbeknownst to me I happened to choose the Pumpkin Patch from hell. It was literally a pumpkin patch (where they had been grown), and they were so far spread apart and most were rotting. The kids had on their new halloween shirts ($1 at Old Navy) and Jackson fell right away and was covered in dirt. I picked him up to comfort him without thinking to brush him off and my white sweater was then covered in dirt as well. There was nothing fun for the kids. And it is only memorable because I hated it. So next year I will travel far to find a good pumpkin patch. Here are some scary moments:


Here is the pumpkin Jackson wanted.

Looks like it's already been carved buddy.



Best shot of the boys.



Family shot on the only thing out there besides rotting pumpkins and dirt.

I'm all dirty and you can tell I'm loving it.


The boys are thinking they got jipped.


Jackson my little Pigpen from Peanuts.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

K, that was really funny. I think your pumpkin patch trip does win as the worst I've heard of. I had a miserable time this year too. It was hotter than Hell and Nicky's play group chose the south end of Escondido instead of Del Mar. My kids' cheeks were bright red and Nicky kept asking to go home. Andy was crying because the gnats were everywhere and flying in his face. But at least the pumpkins weren't rotten. Too funny. You should get your money back seriously.