3.26.2009

Adam Lambert on American Idol

I have to say, Adam was uuuuh-mazing last night! I absolutely loved his cleaned up style. He looked so great and his interpretation of Smokey Robinson's "The Tracks of my Tears" was breathtaking. My husband will vouch I am not a repeat girl (unlike him), but I could listen to that all day. Smokey is such an amazing artist. I loved that he gave Adam a standing ovation. I am a proud Adam fan!

Here's his look from last night...

(photo from American Idol)

And here is usual goth rocker look....

(photo from American Idol)

As for his version of "Ring of Fire" last week, I really liked it. It was very different from the original no doubt, but it was a very cool rendition that I seem to appreciate the more I listen to it. He absolutely stayed true to his artistic style and that is what a great artist does.

With his crazy range and raw natural talent, he emits the confidence and professionalism an American Idol should have. He takes risks and that is the only way to win the great payout.

4 comments:

Jen and her men said...

Yes, yes, yes! I totally agree. Apparently, I am not a "repeat" girl either, but I have to admit, I listened to Adam twice last night. So good. I'm a fan of the new look. I don't think he'll win if he stays goth all the time. Just saying...

Kimberly said...

He was so good that night! Way better than the dark, twisted ring of fire song. It's so cool you know him!

Melissa said...

He ROCKS and we love him!

Kristydawn said...

so does this mean you are more famous than we are. You know that Scott's cousin, Bart, is the Dad/ Coach Bolton on High School Musical 1,2, and 3. Ha ha. Isn't it fun to watch people you know on TV. Our kids think its so great. Jed has Bart's autograph and then he also sent us an autographed picture of him and Zack Efron...the envy of all the neighborhood girls! Love you guys. I'll have to watch American Idol so I can see Adam. Got to admit, don't watch a lot of primetime tv. See you soon.