12.04.2008

Gavin, Literally


Gavin's absolute faaavorite things he would probably die without are his cars from Disney's Car movie. Everytime we go to Target he begs me for a new one. Rarely I give in, but of course the last few months I have not since he will be getting some for Christmas. Anyways, yesterday we were driving to Target and he said, "Mom, do you know what? I want to get Jesus a car for a present for his Christmas-birthday. I think he would really like it." This is my 2 year old (He's not 3 until January). Awww. Doesn't that warm your little heart? The reason he brought this up is because we have carried on my family's tradition of the Gifts for Jesus Box. Which is: when you see someone do something nice for someone else, you write it down and put it in a beautiful gift box that you open on Christmas morning (before other gifts are opened) and read. This is a gift that really helps children learn (and adults remember) what Christmas is about. It helps us all remember to be like Christ. I guess Gavin hasn't quite caught the concept, but the fact that he wanted to give him something he loves was enough for me.


Another cute/funny thing he said the other day was..."Mom, we have to be quiet at church because Jesus is sleeping."

I am always telling him to be quiet when we are in church because this is Jesus' house and we have to be reverent. I forgot that this is the age of taking things said, literally. I have to think a little bit more before I say things. This is such a fun age.

6 comments:

dane karno dyck said...

O sorry I posted on the fireman blog earlier.

That picture of the mom looks like you with dark hair. Did you do that on purpose? The food out here is unbelievable! Im going crazy! K so first there are hundreds of little stands on every street corner. Average price is about 25 baht which is about 80 cents i think and you can eat like a king. Fresh veggies, fruits, all kinds of exotic sauces and my fave mango sticky rice! Do you guys like thai food? Haha yeah i did the whole bug thing. The meal worms were like crunchy poop but the crickets actually arent too bad. Kinda had a corn nut taste to them. Always wanted to do that ever since watching survivor man on discovery. K im posting a video right now on my blog of the water falls. Cant wait for you to check it out. I think youll really appreciate the beauty. Tell me what you think!
Ttyl...

Marie' said...

I love that Gift for Jesus idea. So often I am too busy running around trying to get Christmas ready to stop and notice the good deeds of others. I am sure Jesus would love the cars:)

Krustee said...

So cute! Gavin is so giving. I liked the gifts for Jesus idea and it was simple enough I thought I would try it with my boys. So far, Kedrick gets really excited to help us write things down and put them in. Thanks for the idea!

Kim and Dallas said...

It is a very fun age! That is so sweet. Aaliyah the other day told her daddy, while looking up into the beautiful sky, that she wanted to go see Jesus and Dallas told her that she had a lot more things to experience before she could go see Jesus...... They are so sweet and so close to their Heavenly Father and Jesus still.

Tribe M said...

I'm so glad that you tried it Kristen! That's fun that kedrick is so into it. That was a sweet story Kim. What a sweet girl.

Sara Lehman, M.S. in Education said...

I love the gifts for Jesus idea and can't wait to share it with the other moms at MOPS!