7.21.2008

Alligator Juice & Charlie

On Saturday I told my mother that we were all healthy and someone must have heard me and thought maybe I needed some humbling. Gavin came and got into bed with us at 2 am only 2 hours after I went to bed, and then puked everywhere. And continued all night until 9 am this morning. Poor guy. He has been better this morning and I am hoping that Jackson does not get it. Although I think it is inevitable since last night he grabbed Gavin's toothbrush and was carrying it around sucking on it during our bedtime routine. This morning I gave Gavin some Gatorade and he keeps calling it his "alligator juice".



Thanks to the library we have a dvd of Charlie and Lola that is keeping Gavin happy despite feeling miserable. I read Charlie and Lola books to Gavin almost everyday and for the past few months Gavin has asked me to pretend to be one of them, but mostly Charlie. So if one day I hear him speaking to an imaginary friend, I presume his name will be Charlie Summers. I just hope he will pick up his English accent like I have.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so sad about Gavin. We have been really lucky and Nicky has only had one episode of the puking stomach flu. Andy hasn't had one yet. I guess I better knock on wood now! We have made up for it by having the nastiest diarrhea ever though. Cute that he calls Gatorade the Alligator juice. Hope he gets feeling better soon. You are blogging a lot lately. I love it.

Krustee said...

I hope Gavin is all better and it has not spread. So horrible. I love Charlie and Lola. Kedrick gets real mad though when I talk with a British accent. We have so friends that are British and Kedrick after two years is still leary of her because of her accent.