8.07.2008

Our Day at Thanksgiving Point!

This week we went to Thanksgiving Point with some friends and experienced the animal exhibits in Farm Country. They have almost every kind of farm animal there, except (according to Gavin), kitties and puppies. The most surprising element of the day was that they permit you to touch the animals while they are in their stalls. I didn't know that was still possible in the days of limitless lawsuits. I would have imagined that a large discovery park like that would be more cautious. It was refreshing to be someplace that was real and tangible for the kids. It almost took me out of time. The kids enjoyed every moment of the day. We are going back next week to check out the Dinosaur Museum. Here are some captured moments...

Gavin got into trouble so they put him in time-out jail.


Except, like all his punishments, he liked it.



I lost my staring contest with this donkey when he "Hee-Hawwed" with what sounded like a megaphone in my face. I did not know how loud they could get. Goodness.
Even Ty from Extreme Home Makeover could get some pointers.


Poor Jackson did not know what to make of the cow chewing on his stroller.


This was the culprit - who was the most docile cow I have ever laid eyes on.
Actually, I'm not sure she was a cow, because she was tiny.

Here's Daisy.


Gavin checking out the calves.

Gavin feeding the calves.



Feeding the horses.


Hungry horses.

A huge Belgian horse. This one is 16.3 hands.
The largest one ever supposedly weighed 3,200 lbs. Unbelievable.

His beautiful face. He has the softest muzzle.


Gavin and Peter Cottontail.

The cutest kid ever!

She's a beauty.

I love this horse.



All on a wagon ride! Love it!



Bored already?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

It never ceases to amaze me how happy filthy farm animals make children. I could lock Nicky in the petting zoo at San Diego Zoo all day and she would never miss me. We also have a large imaginary stable filled with 10 different horses and I tell her stories about them every night. Children just must have a special heavenly connection with animals. I probably should learn to be more loving. To me they just stink really bad.

Once again, darling pictures of your family. You look so cute hayriding around.

Sara Lehman, M.S. in Education said...

I love your sense of humor! You have to have one to fully appreciate Donkey megaphones. What a perfect place to take the boys. They are super cute!

Kim and Dallas said...

So fun! I love that place. Adorable pictures of the boys. I cannot believe what a little boy Gavin is....he is getting way to handsome and BIG. I miss you guys tons. Love the white horse :)

Angela said...

These pictures are fantastic...I wish I could go there and pet the animals!!!
I am glad the boys liked it so much.
The white horse is BEAUTIFUL...
The Donkey Megaphone and the story with the lost "key" were hilarious! You are very entertaining!

Your children ARE SOOOO CUTE!!!

Love,

Angela

Patti said...

I am so glad you found your necklace! ...and the tv remote, the Nordstrom catalog, the business cards, etc, etc, etc. Love all your cute pictures. And how come little Jackson was not smiling??? Didn't he LIKE the animals? Gavin seemed to be having fun. It is a fun place to go.

Love you, Mom