5.19.2008

Mommy’s Day Away

I went to my good friend’s bridal shower a few weeks ago and left the kids with their daddy for a longer stretch then usual. This is what happens when mommy is away. Upon arriving home after my fun afternoon with friends I asked the husband what Gavin had for lunch. He said that he forgot to feed him. I asked how long his nap was. He said he didn’t have one. Luckily the other kid makes more noise if he’s not fed, so Jackson DID have nourishment. We had to run errands so I made a good ol’ PB&J and we all hopped in the car. About 2 minutes down the road I noticed Gavin didn’t answer me so I turned around and saw this…

He is fast asleep clutching his PB&J in both hands with it smeared all over his chubby cheeks. Don't you just want a sticky kiss? Poor guy was so exhausted because he had such a fun, unstructured day with his dad. Don't we all need days like this?

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I seriously wonder, sometimes, if Devon and the kids would survive without me.

Sounds like you had a fun day away! You definitely deserved it!

Patti said...

Yes, we all need a little PB&J and some time with our dad... too funny! He survived it, though.

Melissa said...

That is the funniest picture ever. Simliar things happen when I'm away only Nicky gets ice cream or M&Ms for lunch.

Cristina said...

I know what you mean about dads feeding the kids, it was like pulling teeth to get Ryan to feed Sariah solids everyday. He just said it took too much time. I then told him I was going to stop fixing him dinner becasue it takes too much time.

I am glad you were able to get away for a little while, you deserve it.